Canterbury Community Child Care Centre (CCCCC) offers your child:
- Canterbury Community Child Care Centre was established in 1954 as a not-for-profit, community-based preschool to provide an educational preschool program for children aged 3 to 6 years.
- The preschool is licensed by the Department of Education for 32 children per day, 64 children per week. It is managed by a volunteer parent committee, in collaboration with the Directors.
- The preschool is open during the NSW Department of Education school term from Monday to Friday and is funded through the Start Strong government funding.
- Opening hours on Monday to Friday 8.30am-4.00pm.. The preschool is closed during the NSW Department of Education school holidays.
Generations of families in our local community have been an integral part of what Canterbury Community Child Care Centre represents today. We pride ourselves on our reputation as warm caring and supportive environment, which is embedded in our everyday practice our philosophy.
Canterbury Community Child Care Centre believes that we:
- Acknowledge the original custodians of this land, the Wangal and Cadigal people and their language and all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the community past present and future.
- Advocate for the UN convention on the rights of the child and values individuality
- Honour diversity and difference celebrating the many cultural backgrounds in our community
- Embraces education for sustainability and social justice into daily practise
- Form a sense of Belonging Becoming and Being
- We believe the environment should help the children to gain an appreciation of and respect for both the natural and the built environments.
- Have long standing highly trained qualified educators staff with many years of experience in child care education
- We believe we should continually strive to improve our educational program and environment through ongoing reflective practice.
- We provide an educational program designed to prepare children for the transition to formal school
For families wishing to arrange a visit please call in advance on 97995446.